Trying to tax your car? It’s pretty simple to complete. Just follow the steps below and you can tax your car online and save time.
Have your Vehicle Registration Number, Personal Identification Number (PIN – You get this by text or email when your Motor Tax is due.), Insurance Certificate and email address handy.
To tax your car or van online, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to www.motortax.ie
- Enter your vehicle reg number, your PIN, current tax disc number and insurance details (when prompted).
- Select the vehicle you wish to tax from the menu on the left-hand side.
- You will be asked to select one of three available options – Disconnect, Change Vehicle or Tax Vehicle.
- You will be directed to a form for completion for taxation of your vehicle.
- Select the method of payment – Credit/Debit Card or An Post – depending on choice you will have to enter certain information and follow instructions.
- If payment is successful, save and / or print receipt as proof of payment and keep it in the vehicle at all times until a new tax disc is received in the post.
Motor Tax Ireland has made it easy to get a tax disc online and you shouldn’t have any issues.
If you need help from Motor Tax Ireland you can contact them:
Phone: 0818 411 412
Phone Outside Ireland: 353 61 365005
Find your local Motor Tax Office here.
Why Choose UsArrive on Time and in Uniform
Fully qualified ADI Instructor
Flexible Schedules for Booking
Home, College & Work Pickup
30 Years of Driving Experience