You’re probably wondering: How do I renew my driving licence Ireland? Well, as it turns out, renewing your driving licence is pretty easy to do.
However, that being said, it’s not exactly a walk in the park either. There are some rules and steps you have to go through to renew your driver’s licence in Ireland.
To renew your driving license in Ireland, you must first ensure that your current license is still valid.
If it has expired, you will need to reapply for a new license. You can renew your license up to six months before it is set to expire.
To renew your license, you will need to complete a D401 application form, or at any NDLS center.
You will also need to provide proof of identification, such as your passport or national identity card, and proof of address, such as a utility bill.
Once you have completed the application form and gathered the necessary documents, you can submit your application in person at any NDLS center.
You will need to pay a fee to renew your license, which is currently €55.
If your license has been expired for more than two years, you will need to retake the driving test in order to have it renewed.
For more information, visit the NDLS website https://www.ndls.ie/
How to Renew Your Driving Licence in Ireland?
You can apply to renew your learner permit within three months of its expiry date.
You can now quickly and easily renew your learner permit online. No need to complete paper forms, make appointments or visit an NDLS centre in person.
5 Steps to Renew Your Driving Licence
- Ensure that your current driving license is still valid. If it has expired, you will need to reapply for a new license.
- Complete a D401 application form, which is available from the National Driver Licence Service (NDLS) website or at any NDLS centre.
- Gather the necessary documents, such as proof of identification and proof of address.
- Submit your application in person at any NDLS centre, along with the necessary documents and a fee of €55.
- If your license has been expired for more than two years, you may need to retake the driving test in order to have it renewed.
Note: It is always best to check with your local authorities for the most up-to-date information and requirements.
Renewing Your Driving Licence or Learner Permit Video
Watch this quick video for more details on every option to renew your driving licence:
The Fees for Driving Licence in Ireland
Cost of a Irish driving licence:
- Ten-year driving licence – €55
- Five-year bus or truck driving licence – €55
- Three-year driving licence – €35
You need to pay this fee when your application is submitted. You can pay by credit or debit card.
If you are aged 70 or over, you can renew your driving licence for free and apply by post.
If your application is successful, you’re driving licence will usually arrive within 10 working days from the date your application was accepted by NDLS.
In conclusion, you are now fully aware of how to update and how to renew your driver’s license in Ireland. Now go ahead and enjoy driving with ease!
Why Choose UsArrive on Time and in Uniform
Fully qualified ADI Instructor
Flexible Schedules for Booking
Home, College & Work Pickup
30 Years of Driving Experience