You’re probably wondering: How do I renew my driving licence Ireland? Well, as it turns out, renewing your driving licence is pretty easy to do.
However, that being said, it’s not exactly a walk in the park either. There are some rules and steps you have to go through to renew your driver’s licence in Ireland.
So if you’re looking to find out how to get your driver’s licence renewed, then stick around – we’ll tell you everything you need to know about the whole process!
How to Renew Your Driving Licence in Ireland?
You can apply to renew your learner permit within three months of its expiry date.
You can now quickly and easily renew your learner permit online. No need to complete paper forms, make appointments or visit an NDLS centre in person.
Online Driving Licence Payment
In Ireland, you need a driving licence to drive a vehicle anywhere. You can apply for a learner permit if you are at least 16 years of age.
To get your learner permit, you have to pass the driver theory test and an eyesight test. The next stage is taking the practical driving test and getting your full driver licence.
You can apply online for any of these driving licences at NDLS.ie.
You will need the following documents:
All you need is the following:
- A Public Services Card and verified MyGovID.
- Proof of your address dated within the last six months if your current address differs from the one you provided when you applied for your PSC.
- Proof that you are normally resident in Ireland if your place of birth and nationality are outside the EU/EEA.
- Fully completed medical report form dated within one month, if required in your case.
- Application fee of €55.00. You can pay by credit or debit card, Google Pay or Apple Pay. If you are aged 70 years or over you are exempt from paying the fee.
There are various types of Irish driving licences that you can apply for depending on what type of vehicle you want to drive such as; full category A motorcycle licence, full category B car licence or a provisional category A motorcycle licence, etc.
If you cannot renew your licence online, you will have to apply to an NDLS centre in person.
You do not have to provide photographs with your application, as your photo and signature will be digitally recorded.
Renewing Your Driving Licence or Learner Permit Video
The Fees for Driving Licence in Ireland
Cost of a Irish driving licence:
- Ten-year driving licence – €55
- Five-year bus or truck driving licence – €55
- Three-year driving licence – €35
You need to pay this fee when your application is submitted. You can pay by credit or debit card.
If you are aged 70 or over, you can renew your driving licence for free and apply by post.
If your application is successful, your driving licence will usually arrive within 10 working days from the date your application was accepted by NDLS.
In conclusion, you are now fully aware of how to update and how to renew your driver’s license in Ireland. Now go ahead and enjoy driving with ease!
Why Choose UsArrive on Time and in Uniform
Fully qualified ADI Instructor
Flexible Schedules for Booking
Home, College & Work Pickup
30 Years of Driving Experience