Congratulations on taking your first step to becoming a driving instructor!
Below is everything you need to get started! We also sent everything below to your email address provided.
One of our Ladybird training advisers will be in touch to give you a hand and guide you with the process!
Before Your Start: There are a couple of steps that need to be completed prior to starting your training.
The RSA make sure you can meet their minimum requirements. These requirements are:
- You must have held a full EU Driving Licence for at least two years
- Pass the Garda vetting process
- Obtain a tax clearance certificate
Here are the forms you must print, complete and submit to the RSA:
Download & Submit Forms
Once you have your forms complete you will need post them with 2 passport photos and a scanned copy of your ID to:
Road Safety Authority,
Moy Valley Business Park,
RSA will sent acknowledgement they received your application. Garda vetting will then be in contact.
Once your Garda vetting is ok then RSA will issue you the eligibility number to apply for stage 1 ADI theory test.
If you have and questions you can call us or the RSA: 096 25000
Driving Instructor ADI Application Pack
Collection of RSA documents for all you need to know about becoming an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI)
- ADI Assessment Guide – How we judge your performance
- Standards: what you need to know
- Driving Instructors Handbook 2019
- Information for qualified driving instructors – Applying for Registration
- Driver Theory
- Ricability car controls – guide to adapted cars
- Standard Procedures – all about the Driving Test
- Making your mark – marking guidelines for the Driving Test
- Learning from the learners – Preparing for your Driving Test
- Driving Test Vehicle Standards
- Essential Driver Training(EDT) – Information Booklet
- Initial Basic Training(IBT) – Information Booklet
- Lost EDT and IBT Stamp
- Lost Logbook